What a year we have all endured! We hope that you and your loved ones have been safe and well during this time.
We are excited to share important information about the range reopening for shooting and general practice on MONDAY 25th OCTOBER, a day we have eagerly been looking forward to since June.
Ranges will reopen on the following dates: Booking will be available via the www.ssaasydney.net website from Monday 18th October 2021
|RANGE||REOPENING DATE||BOOKINGS REQUIRED|
|SILVERDALE||Monday 25th October||YES|
|ST MARYS||Monday 25th October||NO|
|HOLROYD||Friday 29th October||YES|
|ANZAC RIFLE RANGE||Saturday 30th October||YES|
|HORNSBY||Sunday 7th November||YES|
When we reopen, we will be subject to certain rules as directed under the Public Health Order:
- Members and Guests must provide personal contact details via the Service NSW QR Code
- Masks must be worn inside
- We will be operating under capacity restrictions – one person per 4sqm inside.
- Only fully vaccinated patrons over 16 will initially be able to enter our venues. Children under the eligible age for vaccination will be permitted but must be accompanied by a vaccinated guardian.
- Any eligible individuals who cannot show proof of vaccination will not be permitted under any circumstance to enter the range.
Please remember as you prepare your return to our venue, that the measures above have been put into place by the NSW Government to assure all of our safety; and our staff are only doing their job as they try to follow these rules. Let’s all treat each other with respect!
Aggressive and rude behaviour towards our staff and volunteers will not be tolerated.
By working together, it will ensure that we can meet the obligations set out in the Public Health Orders and align with the NSW Governments ‘Road Maps’ to reopening at the 80% double vaccination milestone.
From Monday 1 December 2021 all SSAA Sydney ranges will be open to unvaccinated Staff, Members & Guests.
The complete and detailed Public Health Orders can be viewed here:
We are aware that many members may have concerns about completing attendance requirements, but please be assured that The Firearms Registry is aware that due to the ongoing pandemic and evolving circumstances, some licence holders may find it difficult to comply with their participation requirements given stay-at-home orders, self-isolation, quarantine or even due to a reluctance to congregate.
Any club member – whether a sports target (pistol or longarm), hunting or collecting – needing to undertake participation activities do not have to do so while clubs and ranges are closed due to the health situation in NSW. To support this:
- The Firearms Registry does not propose to revoke a licence on the basis that a licence holder cannot fulfil their participation requirements due to self-isolation, lockdown, quarantine, concerns about congregating due to COVID or club/range closure due to the health situation in NSW.
- Licence holders in this situation do not need to notify the Firearms Registry on this matter.
You can read more detail from NSW Firearms Registry on this matter here: https://www.police.nsw.gov.au/