The SSAA (NSW) Sydney Branch Inc. is registered under the NSW Associations Incorporation Act 2009 Registration Number Y1375326 and the Regulator is the Office of Fair Trading, New South Wales. The Registration Date was 14 November 1991. As a member of the largest Branch in Australia I am pleased to welcome you to our website and to assist and service you our members. Please feel free to make contact at any time.
• To promote and improve the role of the sporting shooter in Australia.
• To help educate young people in the skills of hunting, shooting and proper care and safe handling of firearms.
• To encourage all hunters to abide by a strict code of ethics.
• To work for a better understanding between landholder and Association member.
• To actively advocate game conservation and assist appropriate authorities in game management programs.
• To act as an effective and credible voice, representing all Australian shooters to the public, community leaders and authorities.
• SSAA members undertake to adhere to the following basic ethical requirements (breach of which may result in suspension of membership or expulsion from the Association).
• Having first obtained a landholder's permission to shoot on his property, members consider themselves to be invited guests, so that they will be welcome on subsequent visits.
• They obey the rules of safe firearm handling and diplomatically yet firmly insist others to do the same.
• They obey relevant game laws and regulations.
• They acquire marksmanship and hunting skills which will ensure clean harvesting of game.
• They support game conservation programs.
And, most importantly, they pass on to youngsters the attitudes to game and conservation and the skills of safe firearms ownership which are the hallmark of the sporting shooter.